Friday, 5 August 2016

Where to Begin...

This is a new start for me!

I used to do a lot of photography when I was at art school, and then afterward for a few years. I even worked in a camera shop for a year and a half, before moving on with my career. I don't think that I am a particularly talented photographer, I have taken some good photos over the years, but they are still hit and miss, I have been lucky with some photos and I still have my fair share of failures.

For many years I have only owned a camera for family holidays and to record my sculptural and model making work. Of course, I have also had a camera on my phone for a few years.

For several years I have had the growing urge to get a digital SLR and start taking photos purely for pleasure again. Earlier this year I sold some work unexpectedly and ended with some spare cash. This was the perfect opportunity to scratch the itch and buy a camera. I bought a Nikon D3300 along with two lenses, an 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens.

I have decided to start this blog as a way to document my progress, and hopefully, reflect my development as a photographer. I will post photos, both old and new, occasionally discuss equipment (although, on a limited budget, I will not be buying much more for a while) and also look at the software that I use.

For now, I will start things rolling with a photo I took around 11 years ago. This was taken with a phone camera (long before phones were "smart"). As far as I recall the phone only had a 2mp camera and so the photo is very pixilated when enlarged. A shame as I love the light and mist. I would really like to take this one again with a decent camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments System

Disqus Shortname